Self-Guided Class – Mixed Media 2
Originally a 30-day/four-week class, all posts and videos are available immediately now till Dec 31, 2017.
You can go at your own pace, and soak up all the material as you wish. Join our secret Facebook group to gather more inspiration, support and community as well as direct answers from me to questions!
You’ll have time to view all the videos and review all parts of the class until the end of 2017!
An all new mixed media adventure with all new methods and materials!
Each day a new technique – a new process will emerge for you to try and to use in your own work! Every day you will be given a lesson which will open up new possibilities in your art work! Combined with a playful positive environment the class will work specifically on paper, with paper and through paper to expand your options while making art!
30 full days of inspiring exploration into the playful world of working with paper!
This mixed media course will connect you with all things paper and how o use it in 2D and even 3D forms! This 30 day course will give you so many methods and materials as tools – and inspiration- to gently draw out your own style. In my studio classes I find the greatest joy in watching each student’s OWN style emerge and flow, and THAT is the focus of this course! The more go-to tools you have – the easier it becomes to find your self in your work. For over 20 years I have taught these methods and find great inspiration from each new student I meet! This class is a perfect for absolute beginners and more experienced artists alike.
Registration is open now – so sign up today! Registration is on the right above!
$99 for three classes at a greater discount! These classes work well together to compliment and build a strong skill set for success.
Included in this 30 days of mixed media instruction:
- building transparent backgrounds
- creating visual texture
- layering choices
- questions and answers in our private facebook group
- video instruction including students working in my own studio
- downloadable materials
- setting up a paper studio/workspace + materials
- creative collage and paper inclusion methods
- Learning how to use design elements in your work
- building confidence in composition and color choices
- learning to let go of perfection
- creating an “art page a day” journal
- creating variations on a theme
- working intuitively and spontaneously through play
- incorporating photographs you have taken into your work
- SOAK UP THE INSTRUCTION!
You can go back and review all the materials and videos until Dec 31, 2017!
- and a positive, nurturing environment for learning more about yourself – your work – and get the feedback you desire !!
A peek at just some of what we will be covering:
- Week 1: Collecting personal materials -setting up a paper studio– starting our art page a day journals
- Week 2: Creating a color quilt – watercolor techniques – working with inks – adding line work
- Week 3: Adding gelatin printmaking techniques and monoprinting – checking into our personal composition styles
- Week 4: Collage techniques – scissors vs tearing – finishing touches – when to stop