Self-Guided Class – Mixed Media 1
Originally a 30-day/four-week class, all posts and videos are available immediately now.
You can go at your own pace, and soak up all the material as you wish. Join our secret Facebook Group to gain access to extra support from me as well as inspiration and community from other students.
You’ll have time to view all the videos and review all parts of the class until the end of 2017!
Each day a new technique – a new process will emerge for you to try and to use in your own work! Every day you will be given a lesson which will open up new possibilities in your artwork! Combined with a playful positive environment the SKY IS THE LIMIT to what you will learn … join me now for Mixed Media
30 full days of inspiring exploration into the playful world of mixed media painting. This 30 day course will give you so many methods and materials as tools – and inspiration- to gently draw out your own style of painting. In my studio classes I find the greatest joy in watching each student’s OWN style emerge and flow, and THAT is the focus of this course! The more go-to tools you have – the easier it becomes to find your self in your work. For over 20 years i have taught these methods and find great inspiration from each new student I meet! This class is a perfect for absolute beginners and more experienced artists alike.
Registration begins now – so sign up today! Registration is on the right above!
Included in this 30 days of mixed media instruction:
- building a series of paintings
- creating rich surfaces and backgrounds
- exploration of texture
- questions and answers in our private facebook group
- video instruction including students working in my own studio
- downloadable materials
- how to use printmaking techniques in your work
- creative collage and paper making methods
- harnessing composition and design elements in your work
- building confidence through positive exercises
- learning to let go of perfection
- learning to love making an art journal
- transfers, transfers, transfers!
- working intuitively and spontaneously through play
- adding your own photographs to a painting
- being bold in your mark making
- OPEN TILL THE END 0F 2017 TO SOAK UP THE INSTRUCTION!!
You can go back and review all the materials and videos!
- and a positive, nurturing environment for learning more about yourself – your work – and get the feedback you desire !!
Just some of what we will be covering:
- Week 1: Collecting personal materials – creating dreamy backgrounds – using mediums – starting our sketchbooks
- Week 2: Finding imagery – using stencils – developing personal mark making tools - line work -
- Week 3: Adding photographs – using transfer methods – adding your drawings – making beautiful textured papers
- Week 4: printmaking processes for mixed media – collage techniques – finishing touches – when to stop
AND SO MUCH MORE!
We will have multiple videos each week and daily posts with techniques, tips, methods and material exploration. The classroom is open 24/7 so it doesn’t matter what time zone you are in as you can always access it! The classroom and videos will be available till Dec 31, 2017 for you to soak up all the materials and to work at your own pace. Sound good? It is going to be FUN! Once you sign up a materials list and password will be sent to you within 24 hours. Choose your classes carefully as there are no refunds after registering -thanks for understanding. See you in class!!